Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 Games Quest

Having successfully achieved my 2008 Games Quest of playing 25 new games, it is time to set my sights on 2009.

I have decided on two goals, with one at each end of the gaming spectrum: playing and creating.

In 2008 I concentrated on playing as many new games as possible. This inevitably lead to experiencing many games only once. So often at the end of a post I waxed lyrical of my plans for the next time I play the game.

So, with that in mind, Part I of my Quest for 2009 is to play at least 15 games a minimum of 3 times each. Additionally, to qualify a game must either be on the 2008 New Games list, or be a game I am yet to play. Games I first played prior to 2008 will not count.

To aid with the tally, I'll be recording my progress on the blog. Hopefully I'll be able to get things going nicely with a game or two on the New Years Day holiday, followed by the first HoGS of the year on Jan 2nd.

Part II of my Quest was spawned from something I've been piecing together over the last year. To fulfil the Quest, I need to create my own board game, with a fully working game completed by the end of the year. It doesn't matter if it isn't of professional quality, as long as it is fully playable.

I already have an outline of the basic game on paper. The idea for 2009 is to formulate the gameplay, rules, and bits and bobs, and come up with a proper game. It's time to see the dream come to life.

So there it is: play at least 15 games a minimum of 3 times each, and create my own board game. Quest on!
 

No comments: