Saturday, February 2, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

February 1st, and my goal of playing five new games in 2008 has already been realised. Woah.

With hindsight, it was a rather conservative goal, based more than anything on the fact I played one new game in the whole of last year (Rapidough).

However, I have made a concerted effort to go for gold as it were, and blow me down if I haven't got there already, playing four new games last night.

The Giggling One and I went along to the HoGS (Hobart Games (of) Society - the phrasing is desigend to fit the acronym one assumes) games night on Friday. The night is held on the first Friday of each month and involves, erm, games.

We arrived early to find that no one actually arrives early. Bernd and Maka are the hosts of the event each month and they kindly indulged our early arrival.

Over the course of the next five hours we played four games: Loopin' Louie, Bohnanza, Familenbande and San Marco. So we started with a basic dexterity game and ended with an interesting semi-deep strategy game.

I'll blog about each game in a separate entry, and just say here that we both had a great time. We fully intend to go along to the next games night and play, play, play.

With that in mind, I've decided to revise my new game target upward somewhat. I was initially going to set it at 20, but The Giggling One thought I should aim higher still. So my new goal for the year is 25. That's only 20 more. And you know what; I think I can do it.

No comments: